A Valentine's Card!!
That's my solution. I ordered 4x6 pictures of our family from Shutterfly (pre-ordered a package for $.10 a picture) and am in the process of writing a letter. This could go many ways:
- Humorous - Our family tends to lean towards the humorous side for most things. I haven't thought of any ingenious ways to give an overview in a fun way...but I'm still thinking and I have a little time before our prints will arrive.
- Yearly Overview by Month - This can get a little tricky since we haven't sent out a card in two years...so I'm trying to decide if I need to include 2007's major information by month as well. We'll have to see how much paper it takes up. And do people really care? I don't know. I guess I like reading people's Christmas cards, so maybe people will care about the "excitement" of our lives.
- An Acrostic Poem - Personally, I think this is a little overdone and not too original but maybe an acrostic on: We're Lazy, Always Late, A Valentine's Card?, Who Cares?
- A Little Blurb Written In First Person By Each Family Member - I guess this could be funny since our kids really don't have much to say...except for our older son...but he might not be understandable. And I don't know how accurate the husband will be (he tends to lean way to the funny side of things and his might not make much sense either). I'll have to think about it.
- From the Point of View of an Object In Our Home - Some people write their letters from their pet's point of view. Well, we don't have a pet, so I might use the fridge or the couch. That could be interesting.
How did you write your Christmas letter this year? Any creative ideas?