I was so super-pumped!! I thought it was wonderful to see a foodie magazine in my mailbox!! The next day I got a postcard in the mail saying that my mom had gotten me a 6-month subscription to the Food Network Magazine. Does she know me or what?!
There are a bunch of recipes that I want to try:
- Watermelon Pork Tacos in Lettuce Shells (pg 50)
- Almost-famous Pumpkin Cheesecake (pg 53)
- Cornmeal Blini Bites - made with Jiffy corn muffin mix (pg 55)
- Cranberry Pecan Biscotti - made with Jiffy corn muffin mix (pg 57)
- Chicken and Black Bean Tostada - or tacos (pg 80)
- White Chicken Chili Stew (pg 80)
- White Pizzas with Arugula (pg 87)
- Cincinnati Chili (pg 141) - I already have a recipe for this dish, but would love to give this one a try
Other features I enjoyed:
- index of the recipes with pictures (I love to see what it's supposed to look like)
- what wines to pair with what dishes
- good boxed wines and what to use to serve the wine to make it look more elegant
- gift-ideas based on cooks/chefs from the Food Network
What can I say, I'm hooked! The only disappointment was a chunk taken out of the back few pages. Happy to say that there were no recipes on those pages, so it worked out okay.
Yesterday I got a postcard to subscribe to the magazine: 1 year for $10. Sounds like a deal to me.
Oh, and included in the magazine was a little booklet "50 Toast Toppers." Amazing little book! I can't wait to give them a try. I might make a meal out of yummy french baguette toast and fun things to top them with. Yumm-O!!