(DISCLAIMER: Seriously, this tastes better than it looks. My husband said that all my pictures made this dish look gross, but it's not. It looks yummy in real life, just not in photo's.)
This is a dish we have about once a month. It's yummy and it's pretty (see disclaimer at the top of the page). It also helps to portion control...even though the portions are large. I got this from a friend several years ago and it has become one of our favorites.
1 1/2 lb lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
1/8 cup milk
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp parsley
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
1 frozen pie shell, thawed and quartered
1. Combine beef, egg, milk, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic in a large bowl.
2. Shape 3/4 mixture into 4 loaves.
3. Make oblong-shaped well into each loaf.
4. Fill each well with cheese and bacon.
5. Top with remaining mixture; press to seal.
6. Place pastry over each loaf, tucking edges underneath.
7. Place pastry-side up in baking dish.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
(Can broil for 2 minutes to brown pastry.)
Mmmmm! When I make this I usually serve it with sweet potatoes. Enjoy!!