Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

Chicken Noodle Hold the Soup

Seriously, this recipe is easy and delicious!! I saw it on the Rachel Ray Show about a year ago and I had to try it. So, I looked it up online and it's super easy!! It really only takes about 20 minutes - most of it's cutting and boiling.

Chicken Noodle Hold the Soup
from the Rachel Ray Show

1 rotisserie chicken (I just used cooked s/b chicken breast because it's what I had on hand)
2 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil - you can use vegetable oil if you don't have EVOO on hand)
1 medium onion, thinly sliced (I cut my slices in half)
2 to 3 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
4 to 5 celery ribs, cut into matchsticks
2 small zucchini, cut into matchsticks (I omitted these because I didn't have them on hand)
salt and pepper
1 pound extra-wide egg noodles
1 tbsp butter or margarine
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley (I just sprinkled on some dry stuff)
1/2 10-ounce box frozen peas, defrosted

1. Bring a large pot of salted water over high heat for the egg noodles. Discard skin from the chicken and remove the meat from the bones. Shred the chicken meat with your fingers or two forks and reserve.

2. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat with the EVOO. Add the onion, carrot and celery to the pan, and cook until the veggies begin to get tender, 3-4 minutes. Toss zucchini inot the pan along with some salt and pepper, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until all the veggies are tender.

3. While the veggies are cooking, drop the noodles into the boiling water and cook to al dente according to package directions. Drain the noodles and reutrn them to the pot they were cooked in. Add the butter and parsely to pot and give everything a good toss to melt the butter and coat the noodles.

4. Add the shredded chicken and peas to the pan with the veggies and cook until the chicken is heated through.

5. To serve, spoon some noodles into a bowl and top with the chicken and veggie mixture.


I didn't get a picture of this one because we dug-in too fast and it was gone. It's so good and really easy. I usually have all the ingredients in the house (except for the rotisserie chicken) and I substitute the chicken for chicken breast or whatever's in the freezer. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Live.Love.Eat said...

I love that - hold the soup!!!!