Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Praying for Alex


I have been struggling with how to pray for baby Alex. He's not even a year old and has a heart defect that will require a heart transplant. He's been in the hospital since before Christmas 2008 and he, and his family, are still waiting for a heart.

Now, at first I thought this was simple: pray for healing and a heart for baby Alex. But every time I pray for him, I get sad. A new heart for Alex means a death of another baby. There are parents out there that will have to lose their young child and have to decide to donate organs. Another has to die for this one to live. It's vexing to me. It makes me terribly sad.

I'm just thankful that my God is a powerful all-knowing God who "in all things works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28). I'm glad to know that I don't have to make the choice of who lives and who dies.

So I've just been praying for God's will on little Alex and I pray that if tragedy comes to another family that they are willing to give hope to other families by way of organ donation.


For more information on organ donation:

No comments: