Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Curried Chicken Salad

This recipe is from Pampered Chef's Main Dishes cookbook. This chicken salad tastes very fresh. While I was making it, I thought there was a lot of fruit to chicken ratio, but it was very delicious!! You can cut it down to one Granny Smith apple if you like and add another cup of chicken. I served this salad on whole grain bread but it would be excellent on croissants.


Curried Chicken Salad

1/2 cup light mayo (I used regular)
1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
3/4 tsp curry powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups diced cooked chicken
1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
3/4 cup celery, sliced
1/3 cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced (I used a yellow onion that I had in the pantry)
2 Granny Smith apples, cut into sixteenths and sliced
1/3 cup pecans, chopped (I omitted)

In a small bowl, blend mayo, yogurt, curry and salt; set aside.

Dice chicken, cut grapes in half and thinly slice celery and green onions. Core apples and cut into sixteenths then slice. Combine chicken, grapes, celery, green onions, apples and pecans in a large bowl. Add mayo mixture and mix lightly. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.

Enjoy this yummy refreshing salad with slices of cantaloupe.

No comments: