Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Cooking for Wedding Week

My baby sister got married on Saturday, June 13th at my parent's farm. I'll be posting more about the wedding later, but I told my mom that I would cook the week of the wedding. She had enough stuff going on. Plus, my sister's family (4) and my family (4) would be staying on the farm. I knew that would be a lot of people to cook for and it sounded like fun to me. So, here's the menu from the week:

Sunday dinner: tacos

Monday lunch: leftovers
Monday dinner: frozen lasagna

Tuesday lunch: empenadas with guacamole and cilantro lime sour cream
Tuesday dinner: BBQ sandwiches, baked sweet potatoes, and Cajun coleslaw

Wednesday lunch: leftovers
Wednesday dinner: leftovers (husbands and children); Dad, Mom and my sisters out for pizza

Thursday lunch: taquitos, Southwestern salad
Thursday dinner: leftovers (husbands, children and my dad); girls night out

Friday lunch: chicken club brunch ring and BLT dip
Friday dinner: rehearsal dinner at the farm - smoked, grilled or baked turkey (that my brother-in-law shot), fruit, potato salad, tea rolls

I also made Cowboy Caviar and Brownie Bites. Delicious.

I didn't have anything to do with Sunday or Monday's cooking or Friday's dinner. But the others were all me. I had my family helping me in the kitchen - rolling out dough, chopping veggies, shredding meat. It was a lot of fun.

No comments: