Today is day 12 of The 30 Day Shred. I'll admit it: I got cocky. Level 1 wasn't too tough for me. I still lack the most on strength but my cardio has improved quite significantly. Ok, about getting cocky...today I did Level 2. With weights. Here are some things I've learned about myself during Level 2:
- I'm a grunter. That's right. When things get tough, I get noisy. Grunts to squeals to shrieks were heard during the workout. I'm glad that my baby was sleeping and my husband was out of the house with my 3-year-old. And this is just another reason I'm too embarassed to join a gym.
- I do sweat. I thought there might be something wrong with me because during Level 1 there were no sweat droplets. Maybe some dampness in my sports bra and my lower back. But NOTHING like I'm sweating now.
- I have great circulation in my face. I'm beet red at this point.
- I am good at abs. Not so good at the weights (arms and shoulders) but I have some pretty strong abs under this flab.
- I can do it! I pushed through and pushed hard. I couldn't wait to hear Jillian say, "Just 5 more." And then I really pushed it. I can do it. I can push myself and I am strong.
Don't forget: The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans is starting a new Challenge this Wednesday, June 3rd. It's not too late to sign up.