Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tater Crisp Chicken

Yumm! This was really delicious. I've made it in the past when I got drumsticks from SHARE and this last time I got chicken hind quarters so this recipe works for thighs as well.

Tater Crisp Chicken

10 drumsticks (I had 4 large drumsticks and 4 large thighs)
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups dried potato flakes

Seasonings (I just sprinkled in some of each):
paprika - a little more of this
poultry seasoning - a little more of this
cayenne pepper
garlic salt
pepper
onion powder
parsley flakes
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line an edged baking sheet with aluminum foil (this really saves on clean-up).
  • Mix dried potato flakes with seasonings in a shallow bowl.
  • Dip chicken (I removed the skin on the thighs and kept the skin on the legs) in butter then in the potato flake mixture. Shake off excess flakes (if you get too many potato flakes on your chicken it will come out soggy).
  • Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 1 hour.

It came out really crisp and the seasoning was just right. We had mashed potatoes and creamed peas with our chicken. Enjoy!!

No comments: