Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Works-for-Me Wednesday: Bucket of Shoes

Our older son has a LOT of shoes, thanks to his wonderful Papa and Nana. My mom is the best second-hand shopper around. It helps that there are three clothing consignment shops in my hometown and they're all really good quality. Anyway, I'm off the topic.

My parents had gotten our son some summer toys for his Easter basket when he was 2 months old. The toys are in the shed now waiting for another Spring where they can bring joy and delight to (now) two little boys. But I saved the bucket for the house. The shoe-bucket now sits by the door with ALL his current shoes in it. I change out the shoes for the season and sometimes the bucket goes in the big basket (which is now housing the hats, scarves, mittens, and gloves). I take joy in this little bucket because it saves me from the headache of finding his shoes so we can run out of the house because we're late...again. But more than that, I smile at this wondering how many years will his shoes fit in this little red bucket...'til he's 10? 16?


Check out Rocks in My Dryer for more Works-for-Me Wednesdays.

3 comments:

Coop de Coop said...

Very Cute! I use the plastic milk crate type things. I'm guessing that you'll need to upgrade the size of the bucket sooner than you think..............my 10 and 12 yro boys can wear my shoes (and I have big feet!). It is a great way for boys to store their shoes since they don't have to be neat about it. They can even throw them in like shooting baskets.

Anonymous said...

I have a basket! One time we had a huge purple bucket with shoes! It was crazy trying to find anything in it! LOL

Lynne said...

I use a basket too. It's right by the front door. I have my son take off his shoes as soon as he comes in. It cuts down on the dirt in the house as well. He also knows exactly were to find his shoes and that way we don't lose them! Getting out the door is so much faster! Great post!