Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Getting Prayer Focused

I've been reading a book series by Neta Jackson - "Yada Yada Prayer Group". It's a really good series of 9 books. I'm almost half-way through the 8th book and they're pretty easy reading.

These books have really encouraged me in my prayer life. I want to grow like these women and to include prayer in everyday. I want to have an active prayer life so that I may better be able to discern what God's will is for my life. I think prayer is very important.

There's a woman, Delores, in the Yada Yada book series that is really good at praying the Word of God. I want to be better at that and so I've purchased the book "The Power of Praying Through the Bible" by Stormie Omartian. I'm really excited to read it and to start some Scripture memorization that I can use in prayer. I think it's such a neat way to pray and I'm excited to get started!!

No comments: