My friend, Rachel, posted about friendship at her blog The Wonder Woman Diaries and she had so many good points. I've seen her grow so much in her faith, in her marriage and in her "new" role as mom. She's a wonderful mom and I've seen her blossom in so many ways since having her first little boy. God is using her in so many ways and she's been such a blessing to me. Here's her list to making strong(er) friendships:
1. Encourage, encourage, encourage.
2. Know what "language" your friend speaks.
4. Go out of your way to serve.
5. Take care of yourself.
6. Pray for her.
7. Quit saying you're too busy.
8. In fact, it just takes 5 minutes. ;)
9. Be transparent and humble.
10. Don't be so insecure.
11. Prepare yourself for the worst.
12. Remember, friendships are never perfect. Be gracious.
She includes a lot of helpful tips after each "strengthener" on her list. Make sure you check out her full post, "Friends are the Flowers in the Garden of Life...err, something like that."
Oh, and enjoy the music. The Wonder Woman Diaries is used as my radio most afternoons. :)