30. I don't really know why I'm dreading it as much as I am, but here are some honest things I've been thinking:
- an adventurous life is out of the question
- i have more responsibilities than freedoms
- i am old
- i have some wrinkles and even age spots
- my life won't be as exciting as it has been the last 30 years
- i'm not even pregnant
- i haven't done anything brag-worthy in the last year (some friends of mine have set goals to accomplish before they turn 30 - do a pull-up, run a marathon, etc)
- my husband is out of town...for another birthday
- i am still grieving
- i'm buying my own birthday cake
- i'm not young anymore
So, it's not a day that I've been looking forward to. I think I blew off the whole 30-year-goal thing because I was pregnant. I can't possibly run a mile, do a pull-up or skydive when I'm pregnant. But that excuse is gone, and I'm mourning that too.
Since the birthday isn't so exciting, I thought my 30th year could be. So I'm starting a list of things I've never done. Not a "bucket-list" but more like something to prove that I'm not boring, that my life isn't over, that I'm still an exciting person, that I God can still do great things in my life - through me and for me. Here we go...
- Go to a comedy club
- Do a mud-run
- Take a boot-camp class
- Get a tattoo??
- Take a weekend "class" from my church
- Try accupuncture
- Speak up for myself more
- Learn how to bake really good bread from scratch (no bread machine)
- Use my gift of hospitality regularly (invite people over at least once a month - possibly once a week - for dinner, playdates, coffee, etc)
- And More!