Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wednesday...Thursday Weigh-in 7/16

Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans


I think I've done pretty good considering the curcumstances of my thyroid. I did gain this week, but it's not bad. I'm surprised it's not worse. I haven't been working out but my eating has been pretty good. Having a low thyroid makes an appetite drift away...but still gain weight. It's a weird cycle.

Here's the stats:

starting weight: 160.4
current weight: 160.8
loss: +.4
original starting weight: 166.4
cumulative weight loss: 5.6 lbs

continued goals for this week:

1. I will not give up.
I haven't given up, just slowing down and taking time for my body.

2. I will go to bed on time.
This has actually been pretty good so waking up on time hasn't been a problem. The fact that we're house sitting this week is. ;)

3. I will exercise daily (walking, shredding, swimming) and post on my blog - just for some accountability.
My lack of posting about exercising is because there has been a lack of exercising. ;) I have been walking with my boys some time during the day. And since we're housesitting, I'm spending a lot of time in the pool with my boys. Jumping, catching, splashing. I don't know if there's any calorie-burning activity while we play, but we are having fun. And I'm getting a pretty nice tan. ;)

4. I will only weigh on Wednesday.
This also hasn't been a problem because I'm not looking at the scale every time I step into the bathroom and thinking about if I should weigh myself to know if I've gained or lost.

5. I will do this for me!
I am. I am doing this for my health and for my self-esteem/confidence. I know that beauty is only skin deep, but there is a heart and a set of lungs (not to mention my muscles) that need a healthy makeover.

So that's where I'm at this week. I'm not going to get too down about not losing as quickly as I'd like, but I don't want to be lazy and blame it on the thyroid either. I need some encouragement from the Sisterhood to get me to do something physical each day.

No comments: