1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 cup salsa
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 small can sliced black olives
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
- Brown hamburger and onion. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Drain fat and mix in spices.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish. Pour the salsa on the bottom and then place a tortilla on top. Layer with meat, cheese, black olives, tomatoes and green pepper.
- Continue to layer ending with cheese, olives, tomatoes and green pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown (may need to turn the broiler on).
- Top with sour cream, salsa, crushed tortilla chips, lettuce and chopped tomato.
You can add taco seasoning to your ground meat in place of the spices. I don't know amounts I just added and tasted as I went. Also, you can change up the veggies and add some chopped zucchini, green onions or anything else you want to add. This recipe can easily be doubled for a 9x13 baking dish. You'll just have to cut the tortillas to fit. Enjoy!!