Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011!!

I am here to tell you that I am very grateful for a new year. A year filled with new hopes and dreams. A year of anticipation. A year of no regret. A year of living every day to the fullest. A year of slowing down and enjoying the little things - even if it's a toddler or preschooler screaming their blessed head off. A year of taking time and loving more. A year of telling people thank you more. A year of encouragement. A new year.

Today I started my gratitude journal. Every day something new to be thankful for. I decided that it was time to put the pessimism (that is naturally my first instinct) to the back-burner and begin each day with a blessing that I have received and focus on that instead of on the what-ifs, the if-onlys and be happy for today and for what I do have not focusing on what I don't.

So today, I thank God for my husband. Yesterday we celebrated 8 years of marriage. I can tell you that some years have been hard and we have had a marriage filled with trials. But for the most part, our years together have been blessed. We still love each other and more and more each day. I love to laugh with him. I love that he's getting little smile wrinkles at the corners of his eyes. I love his love and passion for the Lord and for the students and parents that we serve through his job as a middle school youth pastor. I love that I get to be his helpmeet through our home, our children and our ministry. It's a true blessing to be married to such a wonderful man. And he's cute ta' boot. ;)


Here's to a year filled with gratitude!!

3 comments:

Sue said...

I am grateful for YOU today! I also love that I was able to help you accomplish a few of your 30th year adventures. I want to do a mud-run sometime, too! Maybe together???

Heather said...

Now that is an awesome picture of you two - I would say you are cute ta' boot!
May your heart be filled with the joy of the Lord this year as you focus your heart on His blessings. I am super grateful for you!!

Rachel said...

Your marriage is strong, steadfast and inspirational to those around you. I think your love for one another is evident all the time... and it makes me smile. Love you:)