Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Seder Dinner

Thursday night is the Seder Dinner for our high school leadership team. There were seven students that RSVP'd a 'yes' so it will be a smaller group. Which is perfectly fine since we've never done this before.

I'm using the Messianic Seder Haggadah from Echo The Story. It's a great resource if you're looking to do a Christian Passover meal. Over the years I've gathered more information and Bible verses and added them in.

We're serving a wonderful meal (hopefully it will all come together) and I tried to be as Kosher as possible. And hopefully as authentic as possible too.

Cucumber Strawberry Salad

Matzah Ball Soup

Brisket
Roasted Red Potatoes
Green Beans
Tzimmes

Lemon Meringue Cake

I thought I found an excellent brownie recipe with a coffee glaze, but it called for 2 sticks of butter and from what I know about Kosher - butter is a dairy item which is forbidden. So after further searching I found the Lemon Meringue Cake and it sounds yummy so we'll give it a try.

Please be in prayer for our youth pastor, Mark, and I as we prepare for this special evening sharing with the students about how the Passover relates to Christ, His death, and resurrection. I'm really praying that the students learn something new and they appreciate the little details of the Seder dinner and how Christ changed the Passover to the Lord's Supper. Kind'a neat!!

No comments: