Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I Heart Amoxacillin

About 2:30am on Monday I woke with horrible pain and pressure in my left ear. It hurt so bad I wanted to jab and ink pen in my ear to relieve the pressure. Knowing that was not the thought of a sane person I got up, took some Tylenol, and proceeded to try and sleep until 8am when I could call the clinic.

I finally fell asleep and woke at 8am to call the clinic. Then I had a total breakdown. After waiting5 1/2 hours through the night to call the doctor (and not go to the ER like I really wanted to) I was told that my doctor's schedule was full. I told them I didn't care who it was I just wanted to get in as soon as possible...which turned out to be 3pm. I said a polite thank you and took the appointment. Only to get off the phone and cry and cry and cry. I didn't want to have to wait another 7 hours to get in...but I did.

I got to the clinic at 2:55p like a good little patient and waited 25 minutes to get into my room. After being weighed, having my temp, B/P, pulse and O2 checked I waited another 15 minutes to see the doctor. At which point he looked in my ear and told me that I indeed have ear infection. At 3:45p I walked out the clinic door and headed to the pharmacy.

There I had to wait 25 minutes for my prescription to be filled. They want you to walk around the store and shop a bit so they tell you have to wait...even though I'm sure it was filled and sitting on the counter. ;)

I got home and took my pills with a big glass of water and some yogurt (I dont' want a certain complication that can come from antibiotics so I'm doing my best to prevent that). And even 12 hours later, I feel better. I've so far taken 2 doses and wish I would have been able to take my first dose on Monday morning instead of afternoon, but alas I'm following orders. Anyway, when you really need an antibiotic you can tell because it works SO well and I'm so thankful for modern medicine and a little thing called Amoxacillin!!

Hopefully I'll be myself in a few days since this is Easter week and there's so much exciting and fun things going on. I don't want to miss anything and I don't want my kids to have to miss out on stuff either. ;)

1 comment:

me said...

So sad your ear was such a stinker, but praise God for drugs :)he works in mysterious ways... :)