Good Morning Girls is hosting a book club using The Ministry of Motherhood! God has great timing. I stumbled across it when I was catching up on Jolanthe's news at No Ordinary Moments. I'm not really starting a "group" but you can join me if you want to. The official start of the book club is Monday, May 23rd (although the Scripture reading started on May 16th). GMG is so organized and has gotten Scripture together for daily reading throughout the week to accompany the book. There are numerous verses to help strengthen and encourage us as moms.
Here's the information:
1. A reading schedule from GMG (they have some other great printables to create a binder for your notes about the book and your thoughts on Scripture).
2. The GMG uses the S.O.A.P. method for meditating on the daily Scripture.
The S.O.A.P. Method stands for:3. Please let me know in the comment section below if you want to participate and we'll figure it out from there.
1. S- Write out the scripture passage for the day.
2. O- Write down 1 or 2 observations from the passage.
3. A- Write down 1-2 applications from the passage.
4. P- Pray over what you learned from today’s passage.
Good Morning Girls is also providing the following support:
Our Web Schedule:
On Monday’s, you’ll see Sally Clarkson’s exclusive videos pertaining to that week’s reading in Ministry of Motherhood. Wisdom just pours out of Sally so you won’t want to miss what she has to say each Monday. The only thing better would be to have Sally Clarkson sit right next to you and mentor you personally!
On Wednesday’s, we invite you to link up or comment in the comment section and share what you are learning during your quiet times- this is your day to interact! As a change this session, we will also have several bloggers guest posting on what they learned while reading Ministry of Motherhood!
On Friday’s, Courtney and I will close with a discussion on what we learned through that week’s reading as well as share our answers to some of the discussion questions.