Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Book Review: Firstborn

I think this book is overdue at the library so I thought I'd better get a post up before my fine is so high that I might as well buy the book. ;)

Firstborn by Robin Lee Hatcher is another story about redemption and forgiveness. In this Christian fiction book Erika is happily married to her high school sweetheart and has a 16 year-old son when she finds out that the baby girl she gave up for adoption over 20 years ago has located her and is moving to town. The only problem is Erika has never told her husband, her father, her son or the father of her daughter - who is her husband's best friend. Yes, this is quite a story. I appreciated the rawness of the story as Erika deals with her father before and after her daughter is revealed, how her husband, a believer reacts to the news, and how her teenage son shows his true colors. It's a great story and I recommend it.

Short and sweet. Now I can return my book. ;)

No comments: