Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I've Been Waiting for This...

I got a season ticket flyer in the mail last week announcing the Broadway series that will be coming to our area this winter. We don't purchase season tickets and rarely make it to the theater but I wanted to browse through the flyer anyway (would love to get season tickets someday). And there it was! In bright yellow!!

picture courtesy of Broadway Musical Nut

My husband and I were supposed to go in March, 2006. I was pregnant when we purchased the tickets but thought that 6 weeks before my due date would be fine. And I was wrong. And I was bummed. I went into the hospital 9 weeks before my due date with pre-eclampsia and on the date we were supposed to see The Lion King, I was induced and had my firstborn the next day. Some friends of ours bought our tickets and really enjoyed the show (they tried not to sound too excited when they said it was "awesome!").

Now it's my turn. I am going to The Lion King (even though I can't purchase the tickets yet). I've always wanted to see this show live and now 3 years and 10 months later, I will!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

so glad for you (again!).

have fun.

if it makes you feel better my husband and i once had tix to see the phantom of the opera, but i was prego, and we missed it. we did see it eventually. i'd love to see the lion king.