Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

No-Complain November

You've seen our family's experience with No-Spend March and No-TV February so now I introduce to you:

No-Complain November

I thought November was the perfect time to focus on all the things we are thankful for (pretty obvious) and it's a great time to put my whiny voice away. We want to set an example for our boys who have been bitten by the "Complain-About-It" bug. And honestly, I've been dealing with my own infestation of the dreaded CAI bug.  God's been so good to us and we want to focus on His blessings this year instead of our worries, doubts, and wants. I will be posting verses (and also on Facebook) as daily medication for the CAI bug.

No-Complain November :: Day 1
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6-7

No-Complain November :: Day 2
I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;
  I will tell of your wonderful deeds.
I will be glad and rejoice in you;
  I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:1-2


I pray that this month you can overflow with thankfulness to God for the many ways He blesses you. It's gonna be a great way to get into the Advent season.

So, wanna play along? :)


Something to get you started: One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
(on sale now at DaySpring - One Thousand Gifts and God In the Moment perpetual calendar set)





No comments: