Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bedrest

When I was pregnant with my firstborn, I was on bedrest for three weeks before he was born at 34 weeks. And I have to say that, although there was a lot of anxiousness involved, there wasn't a lot of boredom.

We don't have cable TV at home so that was a great help. Since my husband is in student ministry we know lots of students and I looked forward to 3pm when they would stop by to visit. That was probably my favorite part of the day. :) And then there were the naps...the glorious naps. People gave me wonderful things to do also: movies, color, make a pair of moccasins (thanks Jereth), color. Coloring became very therapeutic for me. It was such a calming activity. It probably really helped my blood pressure. :)

And that was another thing too. I had to be on my side at all times. So it was hard to play video games or do anything that would increase my heart rate. But I made it through...with my sanity. :) And I got to take home a healthy baby boy and that was the main thing.

Kristen, at We Are THAT Family, posted on her weekly Works for Me Wednesday about what to give someone on bedrest so they won't be bored to death. I thought it was a great list and hopefully will help you if you know someone on bedrest or someone who is housebound from an injury.

No comments: